I’m just like many women my age…I’m a proud wife and mom, I work full-time at a job I love, I serve in my local church, and I love spending time with friends and family.
I am a minister, preacher (or evangelist if that makes you more comfortable 😉 ) and within this past year God is trying to develop me into a writer.
I’m originally from Memphis, TN (the home of Elvis, Beale Street, and the world’s best BBQ…Corky’s!!) But I’ve been in TEXAS for over 20 years…so at this point I’m pretty much a Texan.
Here are a few other fun facts:
- I have two AMAZING men in my life and they are both named JAMAR 🙂 My amazing husband and my awesome son (pictured below). They are my absolute FAVORITE people in the world! ❤
- I am OBSESSED with Grey’s Anatomy (like really OBSESSED!) I have seen the first 10 seasons no less than 15 times start to finish. (Thank you Netflix!)
- If I could be any superhero I would be WONDER WOMAN–she’s just awesome!
- I graduated from TCU (GO FROGS!!) in 2006 with a Bachelor of Social Work.
- My two best friends (whom I met at TCU) are also named Mary (No Joke! Mary Lela and Mary Katherine (Kate)–We call ourselves M-Cubed)
- I spent SEVEN years commuting between Austin and Waco to attend Baylor’s Truett Seminary and earned my Master of Divinity in 2017.
- I was licensed to preach the Gospel on September 21, 2014 at our home church, David Chapel Missionary Baptist Church (2211 E. MLK Blvd., Austin, TX 78702)
- I could eat cheeseburgers and/or pizza everyday of the week.
- I LOVE to speak, teach, and preach. In fact, it’s in those moments when I feel most confident I am living out my call to ministry. It’s my sweet spot!
- I love working with and ministering to girls and young women.
Get connect with 31.21!!! Click here for more info!